Monday, September 11, 2017

Introducing- Monday Menu

Now that 34 weeks of Clean is done, I have been looking for something to consistently post for a while.  Continual sickness here at home has limited my writing time, but hey, I do have to plan to eat, right?

So here's the plan- 

I will post our proposed menu for the week, knowing it can always change.  In other words, if you like what you see and want to show up for dinner, call first!  I may have opted for something else! ;)

For the most part, side dishes will not be mentioned.  That is one area I tend to be more flexible on.  I grab veggies out of the fridge I got on sale for the week, and we eat salads A LOT!

For now I am steering clear of recipes, but may start to feature one a week if the interest is there.  Let me know what you think!

You will not find leftovers listed here often.  Not because we do not have them, but because we usually eat them for lunch.  Because we homeschool and are not big bread people due to our oldest being gluten free for so long, sandwiches rarely happen, left overs do!

This is to hold me accountable and maybe help a few of you out at the same time.  While I do not expect everyone to love what we eat, I know that sometimes just a few ideas or even reminders of long-lost favorites can be helpful.

DO NOT expect fancy.  I am not a fancy person.  I feed a family of 6, four of which are kids or young adults.  Several are more picky than others and some are in and out a lot.  My goal is not to impress them, but to just feed them.  If you are looking for complicated meals you are in the wrong place.  Family friendly it is!


Here we go!

MONDAY-  Baked Ziti (thanks to a wonderful friend who blessed us this week!)

TUESDAY- Butter Chicken (new recipe, I will let you know how it goes!)

WEDNESDAY- Baked Pork Chops


THURSDAY- Tacos

FRIDAY-  Grilled Chicken


SATURDAY- Breakfast for dinner (probably pancakes and bacon and fruit!)


SUNDAY- Chicken Corn Chowder (crockpot)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I need to get back to planning my weekly menus and then perhaps I'll post them. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!