Monday, August 21, 2017

34 Weeks of Clean- Rinse and Repeat: Week 33- Address Books


After spending three weeks in the office area, we are almost done!  Today is for those of you that are actually blessed with a physical room for an office and have not cleaned them yet.  Go on, admit you still have some things to do!  If you are not one of those people, you can use this time to finish up your paperwork and filing systems!  ;)  We are also using this week to get our address books in order.  Yes, we ARE going there.

You know the drill, though this time you do not have to take everything out, so here we go-

First the deep cleaning of the office-

  •    Clear off all flat surfaces and dust and wax furniture.  Remember this is not your weekly cleaning- really hit the tough spots.

  •     Add back 1/2 of what you cleared off.  Yes, that IS a challenge! ;)

                   Remember: Is it needed, does it bring you joy, would you buy it again?

  •     Clean off windows and blinds and ceiling fans,  and wash any curtains.

  •     Wipe off baseboards and door frames- don't forget the light switches!

  •     Vacuum- moving furniture where needed!

Now on to the address book-


This may seem like a small project to some of you but for us, not so much!
We have moved over 15 times in the last 25 years.  Unfortunately, so have many of our friends.

I learned very quickly to not write in pen in our address book.  Well, after I had to throw several away because they were a mess.  Now, I write in pencil.

Well, when I get around to actually writing in it.  My go to plan of action is just to stuff the address book with return address labels and emails with new addresses on them.  And no, not even under the right tab.

Hence this look-





Yep, I know it is not pretty!

I need help- I hope you do too!

So this week your second assignment is to pull out those address books, clean them up, get rid of all the scraps of paper (oh, please tell me it is not just me!) and then put it neatly away!  I did buy a smaller, more portable version this year.


This one is a pretty simple no-brainer, friends, so I do not have a step by step guide for you this week. You can do it, I am sure!  I can't wait to see the pictures!

We are wrapping things up next week, so now is your chance to go back and complete a project or two you may have put off.  It is also your last week to submit pictures to be eligible for our prize drawing!  Can't wait to see what you have done!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!