Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What's the Word for 2017?

This is the fourth year I have chosen a word for my new year.  Kind of a life verse type idea, but a word that I feel is just perfect for the year to come.  Let's face it, God's Word is always perfect.  Every. Single. Word.  But there are times that some are just more applicable than others, right?

I have been mulling this year's word around in my mind for a while, waiting to see if God would just lay it on my heart.  And then, Ashton actually was blessed by a sweet card from a family friend who gave her this verse.  When I read it, I almost cried.  She needed it, and I needed it.  And so here it is-

Joel 2:25- "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten..."

So the word I am clinging to this year is-
 

Do you need restoration?

It is one of God's promises so you can bet you can receive it!

There are many that are hurting.  How do I know?  Because during a time of great hurt, I had so many people reach out to us.  People who were hurting themselves on so many different levels.  People who had experienced a year of heartache, or loss, or tragedy, or depression, or loneliness.  We live in a hurting world, and while sad, it is a reminder that we are never alone.  We have friends who encourage us, brothers and sisters in Christ who surround us, and a God who loves us and WILL restore!

May you, too, receive and experience that RESTORATION in 2017!

Happy New Year!

Homeschool Review Crew Reflecting on 2016
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. What a great word! I didn't do one this year, but I have in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restore. What a wonderful concept and Biblical word to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome word. It really touched me reading it. I love the fact that it a biblical word and great reminder to one of God's promises.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!