Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Taco Wednesday- Crock pot Style!


OK, OK, I knew most people call it Taco Tuesday, but work with me here.  Remember Wednesdays are about easy and quick.  What could be easier and faster than tacos?  And since most kiddos like tacos, it is perfect for your busy nights. 


So, tacos in the crockpot?  Yep, it's so easy!

Here ya go-




Crockpot Tacos

- 1-2 pounds of ground beef.  (I have been known to dump it in frozen if I forget to defrost it the night before)
- Taco Seasoning - below I will share my homemade recipe which we make in batches and keep in our cupboard, but feel free to just rip open a package and dump it in!
- 1/2 cup water

Cook on high 4 hours, or low for 6.
Break up meat at end and make sure ingredients are mixed.  You may need to add a little more water to keep it from being too dry.

Serve it up with hard shells or soft tortillas, add some fruit and call your night a success!  See, simple I told you!

Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp oregano

Mix all together and store in an airtight container.  I do usually at least triple this recipe so we always have it ready.  I vary the amount I use, depending on how much meat, but I would say use at least 1/8 cup per pound of meat.


Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I have never done crock pot tacos with raw hamburger but I have done it with browned hamburger and it is now my preferred method! I usually cook up hamburger and freeze for future meals. Through hamburger in crocpot with 1/2 water and either homemade taco seasoning or a packet, cook on high 2 hours or low 4 and it is perfect! I might have to try your method with the uncooked meat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!