Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Another Quick Crockpot Meal!

So last week we talked about how crazy life is and how so many of us are on the go far more than we like or care to admit.  Can I get an amen?  (you can find the post and recipe here!)

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what usually happens-

5:00 comes. (and thanks to Daylight Savings Time it is darker than dark already)

You pull out a pound of frozen meat, look at the clock, put the meat back in the freezer, and take the kids through a drive through on your way to the next event.

Not great food and a very large price.

Ask me how I know this!

That is why I pull out my crockpot on Wednesdays.  Otherwise, honestly, we would be frequent flyers at the local fast food drive-through.


I do tend to use recipes that are quick and have fewer ingredients on Wednesdays.  I have some amazing crockpot recipes I do on other occasions, but one of the things I am looking for on busy family nights is ease as well.  Fix it fast, eat it fast! So yes, these are BASIC!

Think families on the run!

And yes, they call for some instant foods!  Gasp, I know!  But I figure if we have 6 out of 7 meals mostly from scratch we are doing pretty well.  Sometimes we have to choose our battles, mammas!

This week's recipe (it's not stunningly beautiful but the kids like it!)-

Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole

 1 bag frozen shredded hash browns
1 can cream of mushroom soup 
1 8 oz container of sour cream
1-2 cups diced ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all together and put in a greased crockpot.  Cook on low for 4 hours.

Add a salad and you are off to your next event!  Maybe even on time! ;)

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!