Monday, September 12, 2016

Are You Being Stretched?


There have been (and are going to be) a lot of changes in our lives lately.

Some small, some big, but changes none the less.

They are challenging me a bit.

One of my dearest friends calls it stretching.

I think I am stretched out. 
  • We drove two days to a wedding of one of the sweetest gals I know and spent the whole weekend wondering where time had gone and what happened to the little girl I used to know who argued over pink chairs with my daughter.
  • My mom had a knee replacement and I dropped my second daughter off at college all in the same week.  Not too far from where we had just been the week earlier.  13 hours away, mind you!
  • I spent a week in reverse rolls, being the caregiver of my mom, the lady who has been my rock and taken care of me forever!  Role reversal is an eye opening experience, to say the least.
  • I continue to help plan for a January wedding of our oldest.
  • I am trying to find my new normal schooling just the two boys.  Let's just say week one was not the best.
  • My husband and I are starting to explore retirement possibilities.

I could go on and on, but I will spare you the details.

The point is there is a lot of busyness and change going on around here.  Have I ever told you I am not a huge fan of change?

I like neat and tidy.  I like predictability.  I like quiet and orderly.  I am also a fan of control.

And God obviously thinks that is funny.  Or maybe annoying.

Either way, He is stretching me.

Out of my normal, neat and tidy life, into new.

Not bad, just different.

And new.

When I can take a breath and stop breathing into a brown bag (kidding. mostly) I am trying to embrace the new things He has for me and allow myself to be stretched.

I may change, but God never does!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

How about you?  Is God trying to stretch and change you?

Are you letting Him?

Blessings,



Linking up with Caroline!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!