Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Zonderkidz Faith Builders Bible

Do you ever wonder if a family can have too many Bibles in their house? Or if a child can ever have too many Bibles?  Is there such a thing?

I certainly hope not because thanks to Zonderkidz, a subset of Zondervan Publishing, we have recently added their Faith Builders Bible to our collection and are loving it!


Our boys did not NEED another Bible.  Truly, we have more than our fair share.  But there is just something about a Bible that calls my name.  And let's face it, there is something about a Bible that has a Lego looking front that calls most kids' names.  As soon as they saw it, even the 14 year old was intrigued.

As soon as this beautiful hardback Bible showed up at our doorstep, it was whisked away.  It is lightweight and the perfect size for child sized hands and is printed with an easy to read 9 point font that even my old eyes could see!  This version is the New International Reader's Version, (NIrV), making the translation slightly easier for younger readers to comprehend.  One of the highlights of the Faith Builders Bible are the 24 full color pages, many depicting memorable scenes from the Bible.  Each picture is accompanied by a summary of the verses regarding the scene as well as a "Building Block" verse for your child to memorize.

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}

In addition there is a small Bible dictionary in the back as well as a list of more well known Bible stories for quick reference and ease of looking up for your kids!

And of course, there are the blocks!  Whether you are using Legos or another similar building block, the pictures are bound to grab your child's attention and inspire them to build their own creations. For younger children there are simple ideas shown, while older kids will be inspired by some pretty elaborate scenes.

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}

And what do you do when inspired?  Build of course.

I thought my boys, ages 14 and 8, would try to replicate exactly what they saw in the pages, but instead they decided to go off on their own and create.

Colby did a scene of the last supper.  Yes, we will have to review how many disciples were actually there.


And this is his Jesus!  Not sure about the beard, but hey, it works! ;)


Salem made a scene of the crucifixion.  (Did you know you can take those little arms off and re-position them?)


Later on they joined forces and built Jesus coming before Pontius Pilate.




The sky's the limit now, and this is only the beginning of the Bible coming to life in our house.

My thoughts-
Honestly, I did not expect to like this Bible as much as I do.  I mean, building bricks and Bible are not your ordinary pairing, BUT, I do really like it.

-I love that it is colorful!
-I love that it encourages children to memorize scripture!
-I love that it is lightweight and easy to read!
-I love that it is engaging for kids!

After all, isn't that what we want- our kids to be engaged with and in their Bibles?  If the Faith Builders Bible creates a desire to read more, I am sold.  If it creates a desire to base play off what was read, I am sold!

Now, to just convince the 8 year old it is not an excuse to take Legos to church!

Blessings,

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!