Friday, August 22, 2014

The Waiting Season- 52 weeks of family scripture memorization

How good are your children at waiting?
How good are you at waiting?  Are you setting a good example for them?

If I were going to be honest, might as well be, my answer would be not so good. and not so much.

Waiting has never been my strong suit.  I like answers.  I like plans.

OK, I LOVE plans.  For tomorrow, next week and next year, please.  Calendars and schedules keep this gal happy.

And instead, I feel like this family is always in the act of waiting.  For something.
We are in that season now.  Several unanswered "things" and lots of waiting.

And so daily, I have to teach my kids, and remind myself of this verse...



Wait.
Who, me?
Yes!  
And on top of that be strong?
Yes!
Wait for the LORD!  

Not for the world, or friends, or spouses, or the military (is that one just us?), but for the LORD.

Because He is the one that directs our paths and has all of the plans.  

And if we trust in Him, we will wait for Him!

How can we pray for you this week as you wait on God?

Blessings,


Missional Call


I Choose Joy!


running

3 comments:

  1. I am a scheduler, as well. Waiting is so hard for me. I am learning that I don't like the feeling of not being in control. At least we aren't alone in our waiting. We have each other, the Lord, and His strength. Thank you for that reminder today as we are in a time of waiting, as well. I'm glad I found you on Missional Call. Thank you for your family's service to our country. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I will pray for you as you wait as well! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. So glad I found your post at "Running for God"! My family is also in a season of waiting...waiting for blood work results for our daughter, waiting for the appraisal and underwriting process on a house we'd like to buy, waiting for a new pastor at our church... So, your post came at the perfect time to remind me of what I already know, but have been struggling to apply. Thank you!
    I'd love for you to link up with us at Coffee & Conversation on Wednesdays.
    Blessings,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!