Monday, June 2, 2014

F is for Friends!


A few weeks ago our family took off for a week of vacation (you didn't even know I was gone, did you?) and snuck down to Texas to visit some dear friends.

We visited museums,
See that x on the road?  That is where the second  shot was fired at JFK.  Can't take pictures in the Sixth Floor Museum, but if you ever get the chance to go- GO!  It is amazing.

spent a day at Six Flags,


Yep, that is my 6 year old waving on a ride by himself because I don't do rides!


spent time by the pool,


visited the college our daughter attends online, (yep, took NOT ONE picture)

and met a fellow Crew member and toured the Wycliffe Linguistics Center. (post coming soon about this soon!)



It was a blast, but we would have just as much fun if we had done none of those things.

Don't get me wrong.  We loved every  minute of all of those special things!  It was fun to get to spend a week just playing.

But we love our friends even more and would have been perfectly happy to do nothing but just sit and spend time with them.

We feel that way about all of our friends.

Friends are important to us.  Since our family moves so often, we have friends all over the world.  Each one of them is special to us for different reasons.

We have friends that we have known forever that are like second parents to our kids.  Their mom and I raised our kiddos together when the daddies were deployed for long months.

We have friends that we did multiple vacations with and they braved Disney with our kids while I took an ER side trip with my husband.

We have friends that taught us to camp and to love the outdoors!  And put up with our many questions.!

We have friends that took care of our family while my husband vacationed in Africa and collapsed a million   boxes, shoveled the driveway, and called to check up on us!

We have friends that homeschool with passion and keep us motivated to do the same.

We have friends that let me ramble about grinding wheat, making homemade cleaners, essential oils and other crazy passions of mine.

We have friends that stuck by us during a messy adoption despite my craziness.

We have friends that are teaching us to homestead and allowing us to live our dream vicariously through theirs, butchering their cows and chickens no less.

Some we do life with daily.  Some that have passed through our geological locations quickly but left a footprint of love.

The list just goes on and on.

I love those people.

...friends that have blessed us and that we are so thankful for.

God is good- and He knows exactly whom we need and when we need them!  I am so glad that He blessed me with YOU, friends!

Blessings,


Yep, still going strong with Marcy at Ben and Me, blogging though the alphabet!

Ben and Me

2 comments:

  1. Friends are amazing. Having just moved, I couldn't have made it without them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time with your friends. I miss having good friends. they are such a blessing to have! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!