Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bring on the Pie!

Update June, 2016!- It is hotter here in Nebraska, so we are bringing out this old recipe again for the summer heat!  Still one of our favorites and a popular one for company!


We went from cold to HOT here in South Dakota.  OK, not Texas or Arizona hot, but hot for us!  While you know we love the winter and all the snow here, my kids were starting to get excited about the possibility of hot summer days.  Me, not so much, but I will try hard to not complain.  Too much.

In the meantime, time to whip out some fun summer recipes and have some fun.  I have shared this one before, but I think it bears repeating as it is one of my favorites.  It came from my mother in law and seems to be loved by all.  I often keep a few in my freezer to have on hand for those "just in case" moments!

Now that I have a child that is wheat free I used the extra filling to make two crustless treats just for her!



Lemonade Pie

1 Graham cracker crust
1 can eagle condensed milk
8 oz thawed cool whip
8 oz. thawed frozen lemonade

Mix milk, cool whip and lemonade together and freeze in pie shell!

That's it.  Simple, fast and the perfect treat for a hot day!


Blessings,




Summer Inspiration


You can see what other Crew members are enjoying this summer by clicking on the banner below! 

Favorite Curriculum Choices
Photobucket

Hearts for Home Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. There was a family in the church where my husband and I met that often brought this pie to pot luck events, but I've never tried making it before. Thanks for sharing the recipe. My young lemonade salesman might especially enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my husband's favorite type of pie. I haven't made one in a long, long time, but maybe I should surprise him with one when he comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard of this kind of pie before... sounds like something we'd enjoy in this house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So easy! I will be making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderfully refreshing! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/06/try-new-recipe-tuesday-june-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!