Friday, July 26, 2013

Fun Fridays- Return of the Muffins, Week Four


For several years our family did a lot of camping and S'mores became a staple dessert for us.  We are not picky...over the fire, on the stove, or in the microwave, it's all the same.  So when I saw this recipe, I knew we had to try it. 

S'more Muffins

3 tbsp. butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 tsp. sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp. milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips
6 Tbsp. marshmallow creme (I used mini marshmallows instead)

In small bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in egg and then stir in sour cream.
Combine dry ingredients then add to wet alternating with milk until moist.  Fold in chocolate chips.
Spray  muffin tins and fill 1/4 full.  Spoon in 1 tbsp. marshmallow cream and top with remaining batter.
Bake at 400 for 14-16 minutes.

This says it makes 6 muffins.  I usually get 8!

Enjoy!

Thanks for joining in the fun with Return of the Muffins!  Hope you have found a few to add to your menu.  Up next...how about some pizza?

Blessings,



Tots and Me

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This looks SO good! I know my kids will love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. S'mores are always so fun to make around a fire! I've never heard of S'more muffins before - they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy!!! May have to try to figure out a Trim, Healthy Mama Version. :)
    Tiffany
    http://thecraftyhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I should not have clicked. I should not have clicked. I should not . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I am pinning too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these look and sound delicious. Definitely something to be made with Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen time. I am so glad you shared this on Throwback Thursday Blog Style. Pinning this on my Yummy Desserts board.
    I can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!