Friday, March 15, 2013

Fun Fridays- Natural Cleaners

So how is your cleaning going?  Have you made the switch yet to more natural products?  Several people have asked me, "Do these really clean?"  Let's hope so, it's all I use now!  ;)

Seriously, I have not seen any more dirt than normal and I love the fresh scent as opposed to the chemicals, so yes, I do believe they work.  Plus, with all of the research I have been doing on essential oils, I am convinced they are a good addition to your life!  (If you are interested in essential oils, let me know!)

Like I said at the first of the month, I use one general cleaner for almost everything, but there are times when you need something with a little more umph.  For tile showers, sinks and tubs then I use the following mixture...

Soft Scrub
1 1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup castile soap
10 drops of tea tree or lavender essential oil

Combine all to make a paste, adding water a little at a time if you need a softer consistency.  Scoop out and use on cleaning cloth to clean.  If you save this from cleaning to cleaning, it will dry out.  Just add a touch of water and mix!

Happy cleaning,



2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!