Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun Friday- Holiday Edition

Edited- Now we have pictures!  Let me just start by saying there are NO pictures of this yummy treat at the moment.  Hurricane, company and hubby gone has put me a little behind.  BUT, I intend on making some today and add a picture or two later.  Be sure to come back and drool over this delightful treat!

Can you believe that there is ONE MONTH until December?  One month, friends!  Time to get busy planning for all of the yummy treats you can make, so this month I am going to share a few of my favorites to get you started.

This recipe comes from a dear friend we met in ND, Dawn, and has become one our family favorites for Christmas.  Be forwarned, it is addictive, is not good for you and did I mention, is addictive!  (in a good sort of way, of course)  It is also one of the easiest, and less expensive versions I have found.


Peppermint Bark

12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1 tsp. peppermint extract
crushed peppermint candy
Crushed pretzels (optional)

Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, or on stove top being careful not to burn.  Spread on cookie sheet and let cool.  Melt white chocolate chips the same way and stir in peppermint extract.  Pour over top of chocolate.  Sprinkle with crushed candy and pretzels if desired.  Refrigerate until hard and break into pieces.

Enjoy!

This makes great gift for friends.  Feel free to make me some! ;)
See 'ya back later with some pictures!

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!