Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CREW Review- Beeyoutiful






Over the past few years our family has begun to try to make our lives somewhat healthier in a variety of ways.  One of those has included trying to stick with products that use only natural ingredients.  When I had the opportunity to review for a company that follows that rule, Beeyoutiful, I was excited!


Beeyoutiful.

Heard of them?  Me neither, until this review and now I am hooked.  From their website-

At Beeyoutiful.com, we believe that each individual is responsible for their own health. It is not a doctor's responsibility to keep you in good health. Instead they are a tremendous resource, especially for those times when urgent care is required. But, they are only one of many resources. And the tools they use, while powerful, are not the only tools available. But a tool is worthless unless one knows how to use it.
We have found a lot of tools that have worked very well for our families, and made Beeyoutiful a repository for those tools, as well as the information to effectively use them. As we learn more, we share more. Our goal is to eventually carry every natural product that we use. We're not there yet. We may never be as we are constantly being exposed to new and great products. As much as is in our power, we want to aid others in obtaining and maintaining good health.

What we received in this fun package for review-

BALM
Berry Well
Miracle Skin Salve
Ow!-Ease
 

Let's just jump right in!

B.A.L.M- Short for Beeyoutiful All-Natural Lip Moisturizer.
We love chap stick in this house.  Have to- we have lived in the west most of our lives where the heat and lack of humidity can dry you out fast.  This lip moisturizer comes in two scents- orange or peppermint.  We received peppermint.  I left it on the kitchen counter and found myself and several of the kids using it several times a day.  It goes on smoothly, does not feel waxy and thick, and smells amazing.  Somehow it has now disappeared from the counter and has found its way into my husband's pocket.  Imagine my surprise when I saw him pull it out and use it at church this past week.  Know what I like most about B.A.L.M?  If I am going to put something on my lips, that close to my mouth, I enjoy knowing it is not something full of harmful chemicals!  B.A.L.M. sells for $3.00 each or you can get 3 for $2.70 each. 

Berry Well- A completely natural syrup made from elderberries to keep you well.  Did you know that elderberries have an anti-viral property?  Me neither!  But after a little, OK, a lot, of research on my own, I was convinced to give it a try.  The three kids at home and I have been taking it since it arrived.  In the meantime, I ordered three more bottles, you can get it at a discount if you order multiple quantities, and I sent a bottle to our daughter in college.  If anyone needs the extra protection, it is her!  Berry Well is also good for those with allergy and sinus issues.  My son did get a slight cold last week, but he continued to take the Berry Well and the symptoms only lasted for three days.  For us that is much better than the typical seven day cold.  Let me warn you, Berry Well smells very strongly of vinegar when you open it, because of the apple cider vinegar in its ingredients.  The boys grimace when they take it but have not really complained that it tastes awful.  I think the smell is what gets them.  We take it using a spoon which makes it quicker to swallow.  Berry Well can be ordered for $19.75 or less if ordered in multiples.


Ow!-Ease- A small stick of rub on ointment for bumps and bruises.  We don't have many of those these days with the older kids, but we did use it on my husband's back one night after a day of yard work that resulted in sore muscles.  He said he slept well and did feel better the next day.  If I were still carrying a diaper bag around for a toddler, I would tuck one of these in for good measure.  It is good for any bumps that are closed skin injuries.  Ow!-Ease costs $15.00 for the tube.


Miracle Skin Slave- This is to be used on cuts, burns, dry skin, diaper rash, you name it.  Miracle has gotten quite the work out in our house!  I used it the minute I got scratched by a stray cat we had rescued.  Worked very well in the healing.  I have also been using it on my feet at night to keep them soft.  (Every woman's husband wants to snuggle up to soft feet, right?  ;) )  My biggest rave however, has been with my son.  For years he has had raw, cut looking areas under each of his earlobes that come and go every few weeks.  Recently he was directed to use a special shampoo by a doctor to help clear it up.  Didn't work.  Enter Miracle.  (Do I sound like an infomercial yet?)  I rubbed it below his ears for 2 nights and began to see a difference.  Now we are using it only every few days to once a week and the places have cleared up completely and not come back.  Seriously!  I am sold!  Wish I had a before and after picture, but it would be cruel and unusual punishment to post pictures of a ten year old boy's ears, right?  You can order Miracle in a 2 oz. jar for $15.00.  There is no doubt it will last a while, even with frequent use.  There is also a bigger size available.

Also in our package of goodies was a DVD called Beeyoutiful Views explaining the use of these products and more that Beeyoutiful carries.  The neat things about the DVD is that it's a personal testimony of how owner, Stephanie uses the products in her own family, giving you multiple use suggestions you might not think of.   It is well worth watching and only costs $3.00.  Beeyoutiful also has a great forum you can use to chat with and to ask questions to other customers, as well as a blog that Stephanie, the owner, writes for.

So, do I like the products?  YES!  I am drawn towards anything that contains natural ingredients and love it when we actually get to see a benefit from using them.  Unfortunately, often times natural products carry a hefty price tag.  I did not find this to be the case with Beeyoutiful and was pleased to see them offer a discount for buying multiples of a product.

I encourage you to get a catalog and see what else they have to offer.  Other products include natural makeups, essential oils (a new favorite in our house), dietary supplements, books (Nourishing Traditions being our favorite), hair products, teas and even a few baking supplies.  They also have monthly sales on certain products, a great way to stock up on your favorites.

Other CREW members reviewed some skin and hair care products as well as the makeup, so I encourage you to click on the banner and see what they had to say as well!


Photobucket



Disclaimer- Our family received the products listed for free in exchange for our honest review.  The opinions expressed are our own and were not influenced by the company in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!