Friday, June 29, 2012

Cookies and a movie!

Today I want to share with you one of our favorite cookie recipes.  My mother-in-law has been making these since I can remember for the family and WE LOVE them!  Let me warn you, these are not made with healthy "stuff", save the oats.  Sometimes, 'ya just gotta break the rules!  Second warning- do not eat too many at once- there's lots of oats in them and well, they will get your system going.  Just saying!  Otherwise, ENJOY!

Oatmeal Crispies

1 C shortening
1 C brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2  all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 C quick cooking oats
1 C chocolate chips, optional (We never add them!)

Mix and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Would have had pictures, but well, we ate them all too fast!

And then the movie...
Both my girls are off for a few days visiting friends (come home soon, I miss you all!), and I have an extra boy in the house.  Yes, I am outnumbered 4 to 1!  So, not sure what the movie choice tonight is yet, but I am willing to bet it has swords, or lightsabers, or epic battles or guns.  Pray for me!  ;)


Hugs and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!